Thursday, July 20, 2006

Me as a stunt woman...

I've often thought about the "extreme" things I did during my highschool life and even before that...

And I just realized that all those "extreme" things I did, were just accidents!!--clumsiness, or plain katangahan...

Just imagine, me at three years of age, muntik nang mahulog sa sapa...

It was all vivid to me, but what I remember was, I was with my niece (who's older by me by a year btw), JOAN on the terrace of their house, playing with crap scattered on the floor...I don't remember what happened next, the next thing I could remember is that I was holding on to the edge of the wall(the terrace is still not finished by then) of the terrace because if not... I'll fall into the sapa, literally....

Oh and nabalian na rin pala ako ng buto...

This I remember clearly, I was in Grade three and I was playing with my classmates Patintero. I was one of the "it"'s and when I was trying to tag this classmate--his name is Zachraeus or something like that--I tripped and fell... I remember my classmates shouting "AYAWAN NA!" "ayawan na!" leaving me with my aching arm or wrist. I did not cry, fyi! Then came the kundoktor of my bus to fetch me... He massaging my arm and rotating my wrist because I was umiiling sa sakit...When I came home, I told my mom what happened and she used the triangular bandage on my arm so that I can't move it and then we went to the hospital in Paranaque, OLIVAREZ... Had an x-ray and waited for the result... After three days, we went back and we were informed I had a closed fracture. The doctor told us that my right arm needs to be "casted" with cement and so my arm was cemented... I had that cast for 2 months...

In highschool, I had done extreme stunts that were "LIFE-THREATENING" by accident and just pure "katangahan"...

The C.A.T. in my highschool back then was much more fun than it was right now... Well, for one, we had trips to NAVRESCOM (Naval Reserve Command) where we assemble and disassemble rifles, of which I was really good at! (if i do say so myself!); and two, the "faculty" in our school weren't that tight and strict unlike now. One of those activities was the "RAPELLING"...

and letting go of the rope, will cause you your life...

FYI, I really have a bad case of the fear of heights..
So, when it was my turn to rapel from the fourth floor of our building down to the basement, it was okey after going down from the fourth floor, but then came the 3rd floor and I panicked! As I reached that floor I stopped there, LET GO OF THE ROPE and just started untying the ropes of the harness or the "diaper" as we call it. I didn't realize that people were also starting to panick and worry just when I did that, until they told me. I was just so afraid and nalulula when I got to that "sitting position"... sheeesh... Kuya Jojo --one of those assistants of Sir Cazcarro (our C.A.T. commandant, who was really cool by the way)--told Sir Cazcarro "Sir, Confidence na lang xa!! Delikado sir, trauma!"...Sir Cazcarro was the belayer when I had that embarrassing "confidence".

I was the only one in the whole school who did that!!! sheeeeesh!! sobrang kakahiya!!! And to think AMBER COY ako--meaning to say, MODEL CADETTE!!

Oh and imagine me, LUMILIPAD KASAMA MOTOR!! hehe

It was the day after our JS PROM. What do you do after going to the PROM? Of course, drink and be happy! hahaha.. After prom, marj, eka and me all went to 7-eleven to meet the guys and buy RED HORSE... after that, we went straight to marj's place in BF and drank... we had shots of RED HORSE! and I had four to five shots of beer... BUT the shotglass weren't shot glasses at all! The shotglass we used is a MUG! not a beer mug but a coffee mug... And we all went to sleep at around 5 to 6:30 in the morning... So imagine us being WASTED.. and i mean really wasted!!

My mom came to fetch me at around 8am and I wasn't expecting them to come... So I just went with them and slept in the house til noon. At about 2 pm, I pleaded my dad so that I can go practice with the motor-scooter...and he agreed. What happened next was, argh, I sorta' forgot but all I remember was me and the scooter flying because I drove over the gutter...(stupid gutter!)..Just like nothing happened, I stood up holding my right arm, with blood on my left eye and walk towards home... hehe...

My mom was furius with my Dad for letting me drive the scooter knowing that I was still hung-over from that early morning!... My mom asked me if I still can see because there's blood in my eye... and I told her I can.. with both eyes..!hehe... After that, they left me resting, lying on the couch... But then, I was "naiihi" and I stood up, walked a little and "PLAKDA!"... I went unconscious...hindi naman ako naihi..buti na lang!

I was strained or sprained? whatever basta napilayan... And to think INTRAMURALS was coming up! I was a player of volleyball, and despite their "kontra" for me not to play because of "injury", I still begged ROZET to include me in the game, even as the first one to serve...first service that is.

So that's me as a stunt woman... doing extreme stunts accidentally because of "katangahan"!