Monday, February 19, 2007

For Lolo Raffy

Lolo Raffy...

*a singer
*a songwriter
*an assistant director
*a father
*a brother
*a family
*a friend....

Rafael Verzosa, Tio Fael, my lolo Fael, as we call him, died last Feb. 12, 2007 (monday).

I don't know him that much but it pains me so much that i didn't know him while he was still here... I could've learned so many things from him, knowing that he was a director working with really famous people...

But I doubt that Lolo Raffy died a happy life... Lolo Raffy's first wife, Tia Yoli (sp?) and Tita Jelma(sp?), his 2nd wife have had this conflict and anger for each other for so long.... so long that when Lolo Raffy died, they even fought for the body... to whose house will be the burol...

Thanks to my lolas: Tia Linda, Tia Agnes, Tia Edna, Tia Percy, and Tio Otik; they were the ones who decided where the burol and the burial will be.... In Laspinas and Cavite...

Up to the Lolo Raffy's burol, I can feel the tension between the two wives.Tia Jelma talking badly about Tia Yoli regarding Lolo Raffy's burol--the problems they've had....

Tia Jelma, just can't hug Tia Yoli as Lolo Raffy's body is being lowered 6 feet below the ground...ARGH.... I did not cry during the last mass... I did not cry during the burol...I did not cry during the burial....

I cried everynight since Wednesday until last night for Lolo Raffy. I cried my anger for him that when everybody should be paying their respects, they are all trashtalking each other. That when the mass should be all about Lolo Fael, most who attended the mass were talking and texting--using their cellphones while the mass was going on!!!

I feel sad for Lolo Raffy...

.,.. that even when he was being buried, his two families cannot and would not reunite for him....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home